Friday, February 17, 2006

2 three-hour naps and 2 lattes later . . .she lives


Morning came much, much too soon today . . .it's my fault partly, and partly the doing of my little sidekick to the left, Miles. I stayed up too late (occupational hazzard as a mom of two) and then was rocked out of bed at 3:30 am by Mr. M with crying - no, make that yelling. If only he could talk - "get in here biatch, I want to play!" What's the deal with that?? It's 3:30 am, I mean, come on. Okay, so you have an ear infection - but the antibiotics should be kicking in by now and you havne't even complained once about that pain as of yet. An-nee-way, I stumbled into his room and found him standing in his crib (it's all about being a bi-ped these days) with a jinormous smile on his face - victory, it seems, was his. He knew he had won. So I picked him up and took him downstairs for a little bottle and Tylenol nightcap. He was fired up was all set to play the suck-on-mommy's-face-until-she-laughs game. Really is cute, hard to be upset when they act so darned cute. Good thing babies are so cute, lest they end up on the front porch to work it out themselves . . .
so, I finally get him back to sleep an hour and a half later only to woken up by him again not 3 hours later. . .oi vey. Play time again mommy! Big smiles. Okay, here we go again. Hubby would have kicked in for sure, but today he started his new job and he was on the phone when the little devil awoke again. Can't really ask him to end his conference call on account of his baby crying . . .wouldn't really do - although don't think it didn't cross my mind.
Tried to nap later, but no use - might as well just give in to the madness and start drinking coffee. How I loooove coffee, oh yes indeed. 2 cafe lattes later and starting to feel human again. Miles is, of course, napping like the baby he is . . .refueling for the next play session! Keep the lattes rolling . . .

No comments: