Friday, February 17, 2006

Emma's tower and garden party


The other day I thought I heard the pitter-patter of little feet in the kitchen, then a quiet opening of the pantry door and then silence again . . .hmmm, what was that all about I wondered? About a half hour later, I had one excited daughter on my hands - "come see what I made mommy!" Wow, I was really surprised - you just never know what your kids are going to come up with. Emma had taken all of our plastic cups (leftover from some long forgotten summer party) and stacked them like a little fortress around her laundry basket with all of her stuffed animals on it. Not typical behavior from her - interesting and random.
Later that day we got out and enjoyed the sunshine and did a little gardening. Emma, the ever fashionable gardner, was in charge of dropping the seeds into the holes. These would be the seeds that are now frozen over in this rare freezing storm that has brought snow to the nearby mountains. Oh well, we'll just repeat.

1 comment:

Mimimom said...

Ah-ha, yes, Miles already tried that - but Emma set up a booby-trap for him at her door to keep all invaders out! I thought that was good thinking given Miles' love of knocking things down...