Friday, February 24, 2006

When they offer to help you take your groceries out to your car, take it

You know, I don't know why I always used to decline this simple service. They would offer, "would you like help out to your car today (with this massive pile of groceries)" and I would gallantly say, "oh, no thanks, I've got it! (with two kids in tow . . .)" What was I thinking? Perhaps I didn't want to endure the awkward silence between myself and the bagger, or worse yet, suffer the idle chit-chat about the weather - sometimes I'm just not in the mood for chit-chat. But you know what? It's all worth it! Take the help! It is so much easier to have the help because 1) you get to put your kids in their car seats while they're loading your groceries into the back and 2) they take the cart away for you so you don't have to juggle leaving your kids in the car without you (or dragging them back to the least conspicuous spot to abandon the cart). Hello, what was I thinking? Duhhhh. I'm now thinking of all the meaningless things I can talk about on my next shopping trip . . .

No comments: