Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Oooooh, gross!

Okay, let me just say that sometimes being a parent tests your limits of what you can handle - big time. Tonight I experienced a totally nasty kid moment . . .and it goes like this: Emma was taking a bath getting ready to go to her dad's house and Miles started throwing a hissy-fit about getting in with her. He loves to take baths so I thought, what the hell, I'll let him get in with her and just deal with the fact that I'm going to have to hold on to his slippery little body for dear life the entire time - no stress there. An-nee-way, he gets in, proceeds to splash all over the place and gets me all wet - oh what fun I'm having! Once Emma was all shampooed, etc I pulled the little splash machine out of the water and dried him off. I put him down in his room with Emma to play a bit while I got his pjs out of the laundry room. When I came back the little devil had crawled buck naked all the way down the hall to Emma's room (following her of course). So I walked down the hall towards the room. When I opened the door, what did I find? None other than a disgusting pool of diarrhea on her lovely butterfly rug - eeewwww! Oh why, oh why did that have to happen? Not only was that yucky pool of gunk on Emma's cute butterfly rug but it was also strewn across the floor where my little olympic crawler had recently been. Oh stop. This has got to be a bad dream. This required immediate and quick action. Back for bath #2 and then diapered that butt pronto! I had to close Emma's door because he kept trying to go back in there and play. I put him in his room with Emma to play which of course made him scream. So he's screaming and I'm cleaning up crap on my hands and knees.
I know there's a reason I had kids somewhere . . .anyone? anyone?

No comments: