Monday, March 13, 2006

The list

I have a list on my fridge that reminds me to buy things I need, and today it should read: PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. Pull. it. together. woman. Just because you're late for Emma's piano lesson and she won't let you brush her hair and Miles is crying and not yet dressed and you realize you've forgotten to make her lunch as you finally get the whole mess out into the car . . . remember - keep.it.together. Don't lose your shit.
Where in the f#W@%k is that Mary Poppins woman?! I need herrrrrrrr. It's days like today that really make me question my ability to be a good mother. I get flustered so easily sometimes.
Luckily it doesn't last long - I was back to my normal self once we were all loaded up into the car, on our way. Good going, Sybil. But really, I shouldn't let those things bother me . . .if I'm going to be doing this for the next 20 years . ..20? O.M.G. Third kid? Don't ask me today.

No comments: